Month: May 2018
Sailing Catalpa BOAT TOUR
The best boats for rent in Ibiza
To navigate through the beautiful beaches of Ibiza and Formentera, the ideal website where you can check the boats for rent is Barracuda Ibiza, a space on the internet with all the information about the best water vehicles that provide the greatest comfort for you. Your vacation days. Not only are brands, but super models, boats with great amenities, and high performance, at the best market price in terms of rental is concerned.
How to enter
To enter the website, just type your address in a browser http://barracudaibiza.com and once there, the client will have on screen all the relevant information about the company, which is in Spanish and also a English version, at the top of the page, we have a small banner with information about the phone numbers of the company, to have a direct contact in case we need to reserve a boat or make a request.
The best in the market
The website offers separately animated links, boats, yachts, mega yachts, boats, sailboats, jet skis and other fun tools for your vacation at sea. By clicking on any of the links, you will be taken to a web page where each of the boats offered for rent is highlighted, in this, the technical aspects are detailed, the amenities offered, each one of the designs with its specifications of surface, spaces and equipment, but also allows you to compare prices, because it also gives a detail of the amounts to be canceled according to the season, per day of enjoyment. But if you want to reserve it for long periods, the telephone number and the procedure to obtain the boat is done through the telephone numbers.
Equipment for anchoring
The anchoring is to tie the boat to the seabed through a chain and an anchor. For the vessel to be retained, its capacity must be proportional to the weight of the anchor, as well as the friction produced with the bottom. When it is inserted effectively, a level of fixation is produced so that the boat does not turn or bump with any object. For the realization of this maneuver requires an equipment for anchoring and, it must be pending with each of these tools for when it is going to make a good anchoring.
Characteristics of the equipment for anchoring
- Windlass: Machine located in the bow of the boats to raise the anchor on board.
- The anchor line must have a length of at least five times the size of the boat. It is made of galvanized steel chain, to resist wear and prevent anchor lifting. The anchoring line is of line when the boat is less than 6m in length.
- It must be anchored with a length of at least three times the probe of the anchoring place if a line formed only by chain is handled. If the anchoring line uses chain and line, the anchoring line must be increased to a minimum of five times the depth marked by the probe and up to ten times if only the anchoring point is available.
- Shackle of the anchor: it is used for the union of the chain with the ring of the anchor. It must be equal to or more resistant than the chain and it must be ensured that it is properly adjusted so that it does not end with the friction of the bottom.
- The orinque: It is a line that serves to know what is the situation of the anchor, it helps to release the anchor in the event that it has remained enrocada.
- The anchor: Steel instrument that is thrown into the water to be inserted into the bottom of the sea, and prevents the boat being dragged by strong winds or currents.
- The land: It is the type of fund of an anchorage.
Importance of anchoring equipment
It helps in the stability of the boat since without them the boat would sail on its own against other anchored boats, or against some dangerous rocks in the area. Putting the lives of the crew at risk.
Nautical water filter
These filters have as their mission the protection of the motor, the feeding system and injectors, its function is to avoid the passage of solid particles to the motor and also prevents and prevent the water from passing into the combustion chamber. A nautical water filter or also called a water separator can be installed not only on pleasure boats and merchant ships but also on the big engines of race vehicles.
Water Filter Function
These filters are designed for the performance of a double function as it is to allow the filtration of solid particles or only separates the water that is contained in the fuel, unlike the common paper filter that has a minimum porosity, which It serves to capture these particles that are very small you can hardly appreciate them.
The separation of water is a procedure, it will depend on how the filter has been manufactured, some of these filters are manufactured to subject the liquid to centrifugal pressure and others are manufactured only for decanting, where the objective is to get the water , which is more dense than the fuel, is in a place where the liquid can be drained by means of a key.
Recommendations for the maintenance of the Water Filter
The maintenance of the water filters consists of the purification of the rings or keys that are located in the lower areas, in such a way that the water is allowed to flow and in this way it will prevent the fuel from spilling in the bilge ship’s. Whenever water is shown or found in the water filter, this procedure must be done, its location is done quickly and easily, motivated by the color in which the fuel is converted.
When there is a lot of water in the water filter , you must be very careful as this is a warning signal and is indicating that there may be a crack in the pump or that this is presenting difficulties in your tanks.
How to change the Water Filter
To carry out the filter change, the fuel inlet and outlet must be cut off, when there is no liquid, the upper cover and the cartridge are replaced, replacing it with one that has similar characteristics, the function of the cartridge is the filtration of the impurities of the fuel.